Sunday, July 10, 2011

the last couple weeks.





It is hard to keep up with all the work that Dave, the electricians & plumbers, and Mike have been doing on the house. I am just scratching the surface here, but I need to catch up so here is a nutshell version:



Dave got the shingles on the new mudroom roof. We were happy that we could still get the same shingles that the previous owner used, and find out that they are a good quality shingle. (I do secretly wish that the house still had the original shake shingle roof...) Dave is also almost finishing putting new cedar siding around the new kitchen windows and around the new mudroom entrance.







Matt Anderson and the Renz crew have been doing a marvelous job designing the duct work to efficiently cool this old house. Every bit of duct work had to be designed, made and installed since the house did not have a central air system before (and was heated with radiators.) This is amazing for me to think about... and something I have never had an appreciation for before, but do now! We are excited to use the radiant heat system that this grand old house has always had alongside the central heating & cooling system we are putting in.

I have not even touched on the myriads of can lighting fixtures that have been installed in the ceilings, or the numerous light switches that have been carefully placed. And I don't begin to understand the new power boxes or the organized labyrinth of wires that run through the walls. But Mike does love to go through the house and show me how amazed he is by the "beautiful work" they are doing and marvels at how organized the wires are. (I smile and nod.)


No comments:

Post a Comment