Monday, June 11, 2012

marble is set.

 (By the way, this section of counter top is "Mike's Bread Zone.")


I chose marble as our counter top of choice for a variety of reasons. I am a real cook and care more about having a great surface for cooking and baking than I care about the pristine-no-rings-or-stains look. I also think marble represents the history that we have in this house. It is also the the exact counter top that my friend Barbara McAfee has in her Dallas kitchen, which has been the inspiration for our kitchen from day one. I also heard that Martha Stewart loves marble counters for cooking.

Our marble slab is full of color and I can hardly wait to see all the pieces come together by month's end - tile back splash installed, island set, PB Hundi Lanterns hung above the island, wood floors stained, chairs at the island and desk, etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment