Thursday, April 19, 2012

decisions. decisions.



So much has happened since I posted last.  Life keeps getting in the way of my blogging!  Yesterday I knew it was time to tackle the question of "how to arrange furniture in our very large 16' x 30' living space at the front of the house".  I am not good at judging spaces (just ask Mike and he will confirm) so consequently this is a task I have put off.  Yesterday was the last day of the Pottery Barn Slipcover Sale which is what forced my hand on the project.  Fortunately, most of our furniture will transfer beautifully to the new house but since we are inheriting more space we knew we needed another seating area. May I say we are excited for more living space?!

I had the sofa style picked out... but the color.  Color is such a big deal to me so the decisions loom large.  Let's consider the wall color (Jute AF-80)... and how will it work with Mrs. Kerl's original crewel? (which I salvaged and had made into a pillow)... how does it work with our existing rugs & furniture?... Decisions. Decisions.  The answer is Linen Fabric in Oatmeal on the PB Basic Sofas. We saved our Christmas money and the cost was spot on.  Glad to have this done.  For some reason this loomed larger than most of the decisions that have been on my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment