Sunday, October 28, 2012

the painters are back.


It felt like old times to have Chad and Bev of Two Guys Painting back in the house this week for some touch up work.  Besides a few random re-touches, we put the finish coat on the mud room porch floor - and  a second coat on the basement stairs.  They will be so much easier to keep clean with this beautiful oil-based gloss porch paint.  I am ecstatic with happiness.  Really.

One of my "mistakes" with our house project was my previous choice of porch paint on the two exterior porches and the two balcony floors.  I erred on the side of not wanting it too glossy - and got a finish that is just too hard to keep clean.  I learned that a semi-gloss finish holds the dust and is stained by fall leaves.  Next spring the balconies and porches are getting a coat of what I now consider the perfect porch paint:
Benjamin Moore Alkyd Porch & Floor Enamel

Bring on the oil-based glossy porch paint.  It translates to easier-to-keep-clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment