Thursday, September 8, 2011

august brings insulation everywhere.






If there is a better insulated house out there - I would like to see it. If there was a space, Mike put insulation in it. Every nook and cranny of the new mudroom, the kitchen, both bathrooms, the master closet, the basement, basement staircase & storage space - not to mention crawl spaces - all got some form of insulation measured, cut and inserted!





I am not kidding when I say that when you walk into these spaces packed with puffy insulation you can actually "feel it" in your ears because the sound is so muffed from the air being so insulated.



The final step on the outside walls is covering the insulation with plastic sheeting. Mike got it done. The drywall-ers started today.


If you were thinking of asking Mike to help you insulate something, I would wait a spell to ask. Mike doesn't like insulating anymore. In fact, he loathes it. Too much of a good thing I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment